Men's ministry offers monthly opportunities for fellowship and spiritual growth. Quarterly workshops provide teaching and opportunities to connect with one another. Check out our church calendar for events.
Women's Bible Study meets twice a month. We have 2 meeting times for Bible study, both studying the same material:
- Thursdays, 9:30am (in-person at the church)
- Thursdays, 7pm (online)
Where Mothers Connect
Moms of all ages and stages are welcome to join our group, which offers support, sharing, and prayer. Meets once a month on Thursday evenings.
College Ministry (Reformed University Fellowship)
Crossroads partners with Pastor Joe Fischer of RUF, ministering to students at Rutgers University. For more information on RUF: https://ruf.org/ministry/rutgers-university/
The youth ministry of Crossroads seeks to proclaim God's word so that youths might be fully equipped for good works. We expect our youths to be transformed by the Gospel. This will affect the whole person including their;
- Heads - "...be transformed by the renewing of your mind" (Romans 12:2)
- Hearts - "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you." (Psalm 119:11)
- Hands - "But be doers of the word, and not hearers only..."(James 1:22)
- Come and worship with the congregation
- Learn how God's Word applies to our lives in Sunday school, Small groups, and Special events
- Build deep fellowship with peers at youth group
- Connect with an adult mentor
- Serve local churches and charities regularly
Youth Group meets twice a month on Friday evenings, 7:30pm at the church. Teens in grades 6-12 come together for a time of fun and a time of teaching. See the church calendar for dates.
D-Teams offers more in-depth study and connection. These groups are divided by gender
- Sunday mornings, 9am at the church
Middle school Sunday School is offered during our 10:30 worship service. Youth join their parents during the first part of our worship service, and are dismissed to have their own lesson during the sermon.
Jesus invited children to come to Him, implying that they could know Him and have a place in God’s Kingdom. Our purposes in Children’s Ministries at Crossroads are two. First, working with parents, to lead children to know Jesus as their Savior and best friend. Second, to encourage the development of Christian character in their lives.
Pre-Service Classes (9am)
From Sept-June, pre-service classes are available concurrent with adult and youth Sunday school classes.
• Children's Church - PreK - Grades 5.
• Infants/Toddlers in the nursery.
Sunday School (10:30am)
During our weekly worship services, preschool and elementary-aged children join the beginning of the liturgy along with their parents. After our call to worship and some musical worship, children are dismissed. Parents must walk their kids to their classrooms and sign them in. Sunday School dismissal is 12pm, and parents are required to sign their children out upon pickup.
- Infant Nursery: Ages infant - 2 years
- Toddler Class / Nursery: Ages 2 - 3 years
- Preschool - Kindergarten
- Grades 1 - 2
- Grades 3 – 5
Each year, we hold a one-week Vacation Bible School (VBS) during the summer. Kids in Preschool through entering Grade 6 are eligible to participate. See our Facebook Page each spring for registration and information.
Small groups provide vital opportunities to develop close friendships with 10 to 15 people who care for one another, pray together, and seek personal application of the Bible to grow in Christ. Consult our weekly church bulletin for a current listing of small groups.
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." (Matthew 22:37-40)
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (Matthew 28:19-20)
As we follow Jesus, the Crossroads congregation strives to obey his commands into action -- pursuing God's mercy, justice, and healing (both spritual and physical) into practical ways. In addition to living out our faith in our daily lives, our missional focus also manifests itself corporately in two primary initiatives:
- First, we donate 10% of our annual budget to other missions organizations. Just as each Christian is called to tithe in faith (I Cor 16, Lev 27, Num 18), so too does our church direct a material proportion of our funds to God's other work around the world.
- Second, we seek to take part in work that demonstrates God's love in both word and deed.
Missions Organizations Sponsored
Crossroads employs a 4-part strategy in our missions funding. We attempt to donate our funds to causes both locally here in New Jersey, as well as globally in other countries. Also, we wish to provide for both spiritual needs (evangelism), as well as for physical needs (mercy, justice).
- International Student, Inc. [ISI] (John and Aruna Desai)- A ministry reaching out to share the love of Jesus to international students on the campus of Princeton University. They reach these often lonely students (who are far from their families, culture, and language) through Christian hospitality. Monthly dinners are held to bring in new students.
- Harvest USA- A ministry committed to offering the hope of Jesus Christ to individuals struggling with sexual sin. Started in 1983 as an outreach to the homosexual community it has grown and expanded to equip the church in bringing the gospel to those affected by or who struggle with sexual brokenness of all types (pornography and other sexual addictions). Located in Philadelphia, PA.
- Young Life (Central NJ)- Works with teenage mothers and pregnancy centers to spread the Gospel.
- CRU (Rutgers) - A Christian fellowship group on Rutgers campus seeking to be a caring community passionate about connecting people to Jesus Christ
- New Hope International- The ministry began with smuggling Bibles into Eastern Europe in the 1970’s. It now works to equip local Christians to spread the Word of God through partnerships with national teams. They train, support and administer in many churches and even public schools in the Ukraine, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, Czech Republic and the Republic of Moldova.
- Navigators - Ron and Lelah Kanour- Missionaries in the Raleigh/Durham area bringing the love of Christ to those who have not heard. Other responsibilities include helping pastor’s and churches equip members to bring others to Christ, give direction for growth of the ministry in the area, equip and train staff and informal missionaries in other parts of the U.S. and world, and to provide supervision, mentoring and coaching to Navigator staff and stakeholders in the southeast region of the U.S.
- Wycliff Bible Translators– Felise and Shalom Alaichamy: Helping and organizing work of translators in Indonesia to translate the Word of God for the different dialects in the area.
- PCA Church Planters (JR and his wife) - Crossroads supports twenty year veteran missionaries and church planters who do sensitive work with Muslims. JR plans to start a church reaching Muslims in the NYC Metro area. His relationships will hopefully help him to develop contacts with Muslims in “closed” countries the world over.